Updated: Jan 26, 2021
5 Reasons To Drink Water
Drinking water is a no-brainer, but oftentimes we do not realize just how important it is to our everyday health. Adequate water intake helps flush out toxins, increases energy, and can even prevent headaches. Here are five of the most important reasons to drink plenty of water:
1. Healthy immune system - More than half the human body is made up of water, and keeping it hydrated allows it to do what it was made to do. Drinking enough water ensures the immune system operates the way it should, keeping channels clean and helping your body fight off any nasty germs that come its way.
2. Promotes weight loss - The body's metabolism needs water to function properly and can get out of whack when dehydrated. Oftentimes we overeat because we think we are hungry when in fact we are thirsty. Substitute water for other high calorie beverages and sodas and be on your way to a slimmer waist. Drink a full glass of water before meals as it helps you feel full faster.
3. Healthier skin - Take care of the largest organ in your body by drinking plenty of H2O. While the verdict is still out on whether extra water helps with glowing and youthful skin, it is proven that dehydration can cause dry skin and wrinkles.
4. Regularity - Drinking plenty of water is vital in order to avoid uncomfortable bouts of constipation. Flushing out the body with water helps digestion and, coupled with fiber, keeps the body regular.
5. Prevents cramps - Water is crucial for healthy functioning muscles, especially for those who engage in rigorous exercise. Drink plenty of water to keep muscles pain-free, both at rest and in motion.
Not sure how much water to drink in a day? Divide your weight in half, and that is how many ounces of water you should drink, not exceeding 100 ounces. Don't take water for granted. Turn on the tap (and filter the water) and get to chugging; your body will thank you for it.